"English proficiency is an attainable goal for all students."
I strongly believe this statement. Especially since English is the dominant language in society. If you aren't familiar with the English language, than you will have a hard time adapting to the culture. Having programs like ESL for English Language Learners greatly improve the student's ability to speak and write in English. It is my belief that it is near impossible for a teacher to be responsible for teaching a class that he/she is not equipped for; an example being teaching a classroom where there is an ELL that cannot understand entirely what you're saying. Learning English needs to be an option for all immigrants and citizens of the United States. In the majority of public education, and in the business world, English is the language used. There are plenty of programs and people willing to help those people learn English. So not only do I believe it is an attainable goal, I believe it should be required.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment